CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Song of the Week - Side Project



Alright, back to work. This weeks song comes from a little side project that I am doing with some friends of mine down in LA. It's obviously not my normal sound but hip hop is closer to my heart then one would thing. Growing up I listened to a lot of hip hop, blues and soul and when I first learned to play guitar I was mostly playing the blues with my dad. I'm not really sure how I got into it but all through middle school and most of High School I listened to hard core gangsta rap. You know like NWA and EAZY-E and through the years I have held a high appreciation for good hip-hop.
This project has been a lot of fun so far because it's really making me use a side of my brian that I'm not used to. I usually spend most of my time writeing melodies and lyrics but now I'm forced to think in beats and hooks. Don't worry, next week I'll be back to normal, I just watned to share with you what I'm up to. I love ya, It's good to be back.

Casey

6 comments:

Travis Wagar said...

Nalia started laughing and loved this song

scotty and crystal said...

I like the new flave. Hey, what about the bluesy one that you and Jon did on the radio when he was last down here? Yeah, do that one!

6 Brooks said...

wow. and more. and more to come.

Unknown said...

Casey,

My wife and I saw you last weekend (aug 30) and you were performing some killer tracks solo at the saturday market.

how do I get a hold of more than that is on the "Composition 1" CD?

you sang a song, "you live to die, you love..." Can't remember to well, but it is a song I would love to listen to again!

Also, are you ok with me duplicating your Composition 1 CD to share with Friends and Family?

thanks!

Micah

Casey Hurt said...

Hey Micah, I'm going into the studio in about a month to start recording a new album that will have the songs that I played at the market on them. You are more then welcome to duplicate the Comp. 1 CD. That's what it's for. Thanks a ton for the support.

Casey

Unknown said...

Hey Casey! Can't wait to get the new CD, we're big fans!