CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Song of the Week 09.10.08



Alright, Back to normal...

This weeks song is called Great lakes. I have to confess I've been working on this one for a little longer then a week. I guess sometimes it just takes me a little longer to know what the songs about. I originally started writing this song because I felt like I was in a slump where all I was writing was blue-grassy folk songs. I wanted to write something a little more straight and poppy. The main Idea of the song is that a lot of the time we as humans get so busy in our day to day lives that we forget about the things that we really love and long for. I think we have good intentions but we end up making all sorts of plans to write that book, go back to school or take that chance with music and before you know it we've settled for a life that is so much less then we ever dreamed of. I don't want to be a victim of my own good intentions. I want to know what I was made for. I think that the author of the book Walden said it best.

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Henry David Thoreau, "Walden", 1854

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like it. thank you.