CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Song of the Week - 09.19.08 I will be




I was pretty close this week to not posting a song. I tried all week to write and every time I sat down at the piano or with the guitar I just couldn't do it. I felt pretty distracted all week. Lauren and I were both kind of sick and things just got busy. It wasn't till late last night/early this morning that the music started to come. The song itself must have switched between 5 or so different keys before I settled into this one. It also changed tempo a few times. It started out fast but it just didn't sing right that way.
The song it self I think is really another statement of the war that goes on inside my brain. The battle between needing other people and being an introvert. I think we all have our defense mechanisms where when we get tired or get our feelings hurt or feel threaten we do what feels natural to us. For me that's shutting down, not letting anyone around me in including God. I get lost in my own thoughts and it's sometimes hard to get out. The chorus in this song for me really feels like a desperate prayer. It's me just asking God to remind me that the he sees something more then I see and that he believes in me because he is good and see's what I truly am.
Love you guys, thanks for going through all this with me. If you wanted to hear other songs of the week push the far right arrow and it should skip to past song.

Peace,
Casey

1 comments:

Andrew C said...

I really like this song in it's raw form. The words and music really speak to me.