CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Song of the Week - I am Free - 08.05.08


MusicPlaylistRingtones




So this song has kind of got a long story to it. I first started writing music because I was looking for a way to express a lot of the hurt and frustration that I had inside. My songs were raw and genuine and that's where I found most of my inspiration. The only problem was that pain became my only inspiration. It seemed like I was getting myself into bad situations just to have some sort of material. I know that sounds awful but unfortunately it's true. I don't think that I did it intentionally, but I did it non the less.
Then one day I reunited with a beautiful young woman. She was smart, funny, and full of joy. She, over time was able to teach me what it was like to enjoy life and eventually we got married.
All sounds great, right? I've got one problem though. I don't know how to write songs when I'm happy. I eventually learned how to look to God and to the people around me for my inspiration but the one thing my wife always kept asking me was why I never wrote a song for her.
My excuse was that she was in every song I wrote, which was true but I was still having a hell of a time writing songs that were happy. Over the past six months I began to realize that even though being happy might not be in style, it's still worth writing about even if at times it seems cheesy or cliche'
So with all that said, I dedicate this post to her. I finally leaned how to write a happy song, and this songs for You. Happy Anniversary!

- Casey

4 comments:

cleansed said...

sweet song, writing from a place of contentment is so hard. Way to push through.
Hopefuly Lauren was touched.

Travis Wagar said...

Love it!
Ya know me I like to hear it raw and just like it is and how you feel...

Samantha said...

that made my heart melt. :)

I'm with you on the writing when your sad/mad. It's almost easier. Most of my good writings are from back in the day when I was going through some sort of rough time.

Lauren H. said...

aww, i love you baby