CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The start of something new...


So, I'm officially breaking the rules with this one. I know that media says I'm supposed to be dark and mysterious, that I'm not supposed to let my songs be heard until they are completely polished but I say, the hell with it. Since I started writing songs, (which was at the age of 13 for anyone who cares) I've always been about being honest with my audience. Now I'll admit that some of that came from the huge influence that Dashboard had on me ( pre-cover of spin magazine) but most of it came from family and close friends. I was fortunate enough to have a family that challenged me to be honest at all times, even if I was scared. I guess I started wearing my heart on my sleeve because it felt like the most natural thing to do. It also didn't hurt that more women paid attention to me.  

Anyway, I'll try and get to the point. 
I want this to be a place where you can be invited into my journey as a songwriter. I can't promise that it will be neat and polished, in-fact I can almost guarantee that it wont be. But one thing I will say is that I'll be honest about the process, even if it sounds like madness. 
My plan is to write one song a week and then post it for you all to hear. I'll try as best I can to explain what inspired it, but I must warn you that some of it might seem dark.  

Don't be afraid. It's only art. And who knows, I might learn how to write a happy song somewhere along the way. 

1 comments:

kepi said...

RIGHT ON !!
I Love You MOM